Cauliflower crust pizza- Dairy and gluten free
- One head cauliflower
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- 2 tablespoons almond meal (you can get this at any health food store and in most grocery stores in the Green wise section) You can also use sunflower seed flour instead.
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (some people prefer coconut oil but I simply don’t like the nutty taste for this recipe)
- Seasonings of your preference. I like paprika, cayenne- just a -dash- and turmeric. Some people prefer oregano, garlic and basil for more of an authentic pizza flavor
- Put the cauliflower florets (try to remove stems first) into a food processor for about 20-30 seconds. I use my Nutribullet because it works just as well and I’m too cheap to buy an additional food processor when my bullet mashes everything.
Once the cauliflower looks like rice put into a microwavable bowl and cover for about 3 ½ minutes
- Place cooked cauliflower on a CLEAN towel and let it cool for a few minutes then wring out the excess water. (This is an important and easy step- to make sure you get as much water out as possible or the crust will be a mess!)
- Place mushy cauliflower in a mixing bowl and the olive oil, spices and almond meal and mix. Once combined, add egg and mix again until forms a doughy like consistency. (My kids love this step because its best to use hands- again make sure they are clean- the hands not necessarily your kids!!)
- Put the dough on an oiled down piece of parchment paper (I’m very lazy when it comes to steps so I usually skip this step and put straight into a tin pan that has been sprayed with PAM.) Make sure to pat the dough as flat as possible but still in a form of a pizza – so not too thin.
- Bake crust for about 10 minutes in oven on 400 until golden brown.
- Remove crust from oven and put any and all toppings that you like. If you like sauce add tomato sauce and mozzarella now. I keep my pizza dairy free so instead of cheese, I put tons of cooked vegetable on top such as artichoke, peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes, and onions. You can use uncooked items like olives and pineapple too!
- Put back in oven for about 5 -7 minutes until cooked fully or cheese melted.
Done and delicious! Enjoy!