Chop Chop Chop! My favorite lunch is a chopped salad. I used to work across the street from a take out place in Manhattan that made the absolute best chopped salads- yet not matter how hard I tried to replicate at home I couldn’t get it exactly as delicious as they did. Then I figured out why- I needed a better tool!!
A salad chopper with a huge bowl is one of the best investments I ever made in my kitchen. It is only $25 on Amazon I like the OXO brand and it chops my salad while giving me a great arm workout!
- Red, yellow and orange peppers
- Walnuts and cashews (raw only)
- Cherry tomatoes
- Kale, spinach, butter lettuce mix
- Hard boiled eggs (only one yolk)
- Avocado (I use this instead of dressing –the thick tasty texture is creamy in and of itself!)
- Salmon or tuna (can use chicken or any lean protein you desire or make this salad vegan and don’t add any- still delicious)
- Seaweed (optional but I love seaweed- you can get it anywhere even Publix- it has so many nutrients)**
- Raw ginger, turmeric, cayenne pepper