This is one of my go to recipes for when I’m pressed for time (like when I walk in the door with my starving kids and nothing is prepared for dinner).
All I do is chop up some vegetables and throw them in a skillet with some olive oil.
- Red, orange, yellow peppers
- Broccoli florets
- Chopped onions
- Olive oil (You can use coconut oil it’s such the rave now but I prefer the taste of good old fashioned olive oil)
- Spaghetti squash
- Sea salt, black pepper, turmeric
- Cut spaghetti squash in half and microwave for 20 minutes. (careful – squash gets really watery and messy so use a glass bowl)
- In separate skillet while squash is cooking, coat pan with olive oil and add all other chopped vegetables. Stir every few minutes for approx.. 10 minutes.
- Remove seeds from inside cooked spaghetti squash (careful to let it cool first)
- Scoop out the spaghetti like flesh of the squash and place in pasta bowl.
- Add stir fry on top of squash –optional: sprinkle sea salt and black pepper to taste
This is one of the cleanest, free foods you can eat. It’s vegan, gluten and diary free and it is considered “0” points on weight watchers.
Spaghetti squash is high in beta carotene, omega 3’s, folate, as well as vitamins B, C and A